Kadam Badhate Chalo (KBC)
Kadam Badhate Chalo is a youth-led programme to end violence against women. It develops and supports youth leadership among both boys and girls, providing them with tools of change which they can use to meet collective goals.
In the process, these youth become agents of change. It emphasises partnerships â€” between young boys and girls in communities, universities, schools, colleges â€” to learn to come together and take action.
Working together to influence families, local communities, educational institutions, government, the judiciary, police, public transport systems, commercial establishments and public policy, these youth take collective steps to end violence against women.
- Young girls and boys are change agents: Youth play the most important role in undertaking the programme. Youth may be from high schools, colleges, universities, and from the community.
- Addresses attitudinal change and personal responsibility in both boys and girls, with a specific focus on men and boys: The programme heightens awareness and sensitivity on gender issues with a view to persuading every individual - boy or girl, man or woman - to take personal responsibility for actions and speaking out against gender discrimination and violence against women.
- Promotes participation and partnership: The process emphasises equal participation of and partnership among boys and girls.
- Peer learning is key to learning behaviour change: The activities of the programme encourage young people to share information and learn from each other.
- Pushes for involvement of panchayats, municipalities and elected representatives: Support from local government officials facilitates citizen participation in the programme.
- Encourages accountability: Demands both individual and institutional accountability to ensure sustained success of the programme.
- Youth and Community Based Approaches to Tackling Violence Against Women and Girls: Reflections from India
- 27 January 2017 : अपनी सोच में बदलाव, महिलाओं की सुरक्षा अपने आप, राजस्थान
- 10-11 January 2017 : KBC Review Workshop at MFF/PRIA HeadOffice , New Delhi
- 24 December 2016 : कॉलेज के छात्रों के साथ उन्मुखीकरण कार्यक्रम: विश्वविद्यालय महाराजा महाराजा महाविद्यालय, जयपुर
- 15 December 2016 : KBC Sports Camp at Panipat in Panipat, Haryana
- 12 December 2016 : KBC Sports Camp at Sonipat in Sonipat, Haryana
- 05 December 2016 : Community Event and PSA Findings Sharing by Youth Group in Jaipur
- 05 December 2016 : MFF/PRIA at the National Consultation on Strategies to Counter Violence Against Women in New Delhi
- 20 November 2016 : PSA Training For KBC Core Youth Group in Jaipur, Rajasthan
- 10-12 September 2016: KBC Gender & Sports Camp in Patna, Bihar
- 7 September 2016: State Level Consultation on "Violence Free Society for Women": PRIA's 35th Anniversary Celebration Begins in Jaipur, Rajasthan
- 30 August - 1 September 2016: Workshop: Gender & Socialising and Violence Against Women in MFF, PRIA, New Delhi
- 15 August 2016: On India's 70th Independence Day, Youth Pledge #Freedom from Violence
- 29-31 July 2016: Sports Cum training workshop Cholapur, Uttar Pradesh
- 22-24 July 2016: Learning About Gender Through Sports, Babina, Jhansi
- 27-29 June 2016: KBC Orientation Siliguri, West Bengal
- 27 June 2016: KBC Launch in Siliguri
- 24-26 June 2016: Gender orientation through sports in Saptashri Gyanpeeth Kalimpong, West Bengal
- 11 June 2016: KBC Najafgarh Core Group Attends Youth Parliament in New delhi
- 27-28 May 2016: Core Group Members in Banda Trained on Gender and Violence in Banda, Uttar Pradesh
- 25-26 May 2016: Core Group Members in Chitrakoot Learn About Violence Against Women in Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh
- 13 May 2016: In Memory of Martha Farrell: Women Security Force Launches in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
- 29 April 2016: Bihar Youth Discuss Restrictions and Violence Women Face
- 27 April 2016: Bundelkhand University Students Join Hands with KBC
- 23-24 April 2016: Youth- as a change agent: Orientation on Violence Against Women and Girls (VAW/G)
- 18-20 April 2016: KBC Kicks Off in Cholapur, Varanasi
- 11 March 2016: International Women's Day in Hyderabad
- 10 March 2016: Mahila Hinsa---abhi nai aur kabhi nai(#PledgeForParity) in Jhansi
- 9 March 2016: #PledgeForParity in Varanasi and Chitrakoot
- 8 March 2016: #PledgeForParity on International Women's Day in Banda, Jaipur, Ajmer, Raipur and Muzaffarpur
- 7 March 2016: #PledgeForParity in Najafgarh
- 5 March 2016: Round Table with Journalists - Creating Media and Civil Society Networks in PRIA, New Delhi
- 14 & 15 February 2016: #OneBillionRising in Patna, Muzaffarpur, Sonipat, Jhansi & Najafgarh
- 30 January - 1 February 2016 : Sports Camp in Sonipat
- 25 - 28 January 2016: Sports Camp in Banda
- 22 - 24 January 2016: Sports Camp in Chitrakoot
- 18 - 20 January 2016: Sports Camp in Najafgarh
- 12 January 2016: KBC Launches in Najafgarh
- 29 October - 1 November 2015: You Can Too! Break the circle of harassment that restricts girls from playing games outside