The Martha Farrell Foundation is looking for a Communications Officer, with a keen interest in planning, creating and executing end-to-end communications plans for the Foundation’s Programs. The candidate should have knowledge about and commitment to the issue of women’s empowerment and ending violence against women and girls.
You will work with the Foundation’s Director and Program Officers, and market the Foundation’s programs, studies, projects and interventions with adolescents, formal and informal workers, university students and faculty and the Martha Farrell Awards, among others. You will need to have basic working knowledge of leveraging print and digital media to build a brand presence across large, diverse audiences.
The Martha Farrell Foundation is an organisation that works on gender empowerment, with focus on the elimination of violence against women and girls. The Foundation has cumulatively trained over 50,000 employees and 500+ Internal Committees in corporates, government and nonprofit organisations and reached 3 million+ adolescents through its campaign. Every year, the Foundation hosts the Martha Farrell Awards, The marketing associate will form the backbone for knowledge creation about the organisation’s products, and responsible for amplifying our impact in addressing issues of gender based violence in the workplaces.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Expand MFF’s reach to maximum people through a carefully planned and cost-effective content distribution plan
- Evaluate the market data, competition, identify the target audience and map out avenues and mediums to reach them with our communications
- Discover new and potential media platforms according to readership for MFF’s programs and campaigns
- Improve and optimise existing plans as per data insights and trends
- Allocate budgets and monitor costs of media campaigns
- Identify and follow media trends of online and offline outlets
- Liaise with media owners and advertising agencies and maintain strong relationships
- Stay up to date with industry figures including distribution and audience figures
Skills and experience required:
- A commitment to the issue of gender empowerment and ending sexual and gender-based violence in all spheres of public and private life
- Proven track record of designing strategies and tactics for the marketing of products and services
- Working knowledge of digital and traditional marketing channels and opportunities. Working knowledge of inbound marketing is preferred.
- Experience and expertise in creating content for social media, and understanding of content for different social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Skills to write effective, short and high quality emails
- Working knowledge of numbers and impact measurement in line with the campaign or program objectives
- Experience and willingness to work with a diverse set of people with different abilities and understanding
- Sensitivity to issues of gender and sexual and gender-based violence
- 2-3 years of experience in digital and traditional marketing strategies and initiatives is preferred
- Time management skills and ability to prioritise working within deadlines
- All candidates should be proficient in English and have working knowledge of Hindi. Proficiency in other Indian languages is preferred
- The position should be held in New Delhi
What you will gain:
- In-depth knowledge of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, the POCSO Act, 2012 and issues of women empowerment and ending sexual and gender based violence
- Hands on experience in product marketing through traditional and digital channels
- Room to learn and grow on the job
- An enabling environment with opportunities for career development and growth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed. The Foundation is committed to providing Equal Opportunities to all, encourages women and members from marginalised communities to apply.
The Foundation expects all applicants to come to the office space near Vayusenabad. All protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are being followed by the organisation.
Salary is commensurate with industry standards, and negotiable based on the candidate’s experience.
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with –
- Cover-letter (not more than 500 words) and Resume
- Writing sample on an issue you are passionate about